Learn These Important Life Lessons Before It’s Too Late
Imagine how much different your life would be if you could start over again. You’d probably choose a different career and put your time and energy into different things. There are many life lessons you can learn right now.
You could live the remainder of your life feeling passionate, joyous, and fulfilled!
Consider how these lessons might apply to your life
- It’s impossible to please everyone. Even if you’re the kindest, smartest, funniest person to ever walk the Earth, someone out there won’t like you. There’s no way to make everyone happy. So, do what you can to please others while making yourself
- No one else cares. Sure, your friends and family care to a point. But everyone else is usually too preoccupied with their own life to worry about your successes and failures.
- Nobody is watching. Feel free to make mistakes and be silly
- The older you become, the more important your health will be to you. Health is only important to us when it’s failing. After you develop a few aches and pains that never go away, you start to realize that your body will eventually fail you.
- Get a head start and begin taking care of yourself today.
- There are only so many tomorrows. We put off everything until tomorrow, Monday, or next year. Time is passing by. You don’t know how many more tomorrows you’ll enjoy. Get busy making the most of them.
- Apologize quickly. Life is too short for petty disagreements and grudges. Be the bigger person and apologize.
- You can change. You can change your weight, income, social life, career, and just about anything else you please. Your limitations only exist in your mind.
- Television will steal your life. Television is a big, sucking, black hole. If the best thing you can find to do with your time is watch television, you might consider working on your life. No one ever improved their existence via the power of TV. It’s a highly effective way to distract yourself, but it solves nothing.
- You’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did. When you look back on your foolish choices, you’ll laugh. When you look back on the things you didn’t do, you’ll feel a sting that never goes away. If you’re not risking your life, take your best shot.
- Money is great for solving certain challenges, but it’s not a cure for everything. Some people say that money solves nothing. Love is all that matters. But love won’t pay the mortgage, feed your family, or repair a flat tire. Money is a necessary part of life, but it doesn’t solve all your problems. Money and love are necessary, just not for the same things.
- Your level of success will matter less at the end of your life. Up until middle age, we put too much emphasis on our careers. It’s only later in life that we realize there were other things more worthy of our time. Have you ever heard a dying man lament that he didn’t spend more time working? You never will.
Consider these lessons to be the message your older self might tell you today.
You can take advantage of the wisdom you haven’t experienced yet.
People at the end of their lives repeat these life lessons consistently. You’ll likely feel the same way in the future. Why not live now like the wise person you’ll someday become?
Martial Arts Cary,NC Niji No Hashi Dojo